To be a higher education centre of excellence with cutting edge programmes, responsive to the needs of the individual and the nation in a globalized world under the guidance of Islamic moral values.
To contribute to the national effort to produce highly educated and well trained human resources inculcated with the appropriate aptitudes and attitudes for the material, moral and spiritual development of the society by upholding the highest standards of teaching, learning, research, outreach and consultancy in the provision of holistic and well integrated education and training
The core values of the University are embodied in its daily functions. The most fundamental values are:
- Knowledge Seeking: As prescribed in Islam, acquisition and advancement of frontiers of knowledge are an obligation of all men and women. Indeed, the first direct revelation to the Holy Prophet Muhammad (SAW) was:
- Integrity and Prudence: Seek nobility in both words and deed and act in an honest, ethical, prudent and professional manner in all endeavours.
- Excellence: Muslim University of Morogoro is committed to sterling performance and continuous improvement in carrying out its activities.
- Community Built on Respect and Tolerance: Respect for students, faculty, alumni and the general public as the source of strength will be upheld.
- Collegiality and Collaboration: Collegial governance and collaborative, interdisciplinary efforts in teaching, scholarship, and service, and student life will be adopted as essential aspects to the successful functioning of the University.
- Responsibility and Accountability: Adoption of responsibility and accountability in all levels of undertaking-financial and non-financial issues will be ensured. MUM shall endeavour to disclose fully all pertinent information to clients and stakeholders in a transparent manner.
- Academic freedom, Creativity and Innovation: Muslim University of Morogoro will support innovation, creativity and freedom of expression as a cradle of academic excellence and intellectual advancement. It will actively promote sharing of ideas and information across the community and will be receptive to new progressive ideas from different quarters.
- Spiritual and Academic Balance: Muslim University of Morogoro shall facilitate students, staff and community at large to strive for a proportionate balance between spiritual development, personal fulfillment, rational thinking and academic/intellectual growth.
- Trust and Teamwork: Commitment to trust and teamwork amongst all stakeholders including students, faculty members and all strategic partners with similar/complementing mission.
- Community Service: Provision of community service around the University and elsewhere in Tanzania aimed at raising living standards of the society.