This Faculty offers four Degree Programmes, namely: Bachelor of Arts (Education), Bachelor of Chinese with Education (BACE), Bachelor of Languages and Interpretation, and Bachelor of Arts (Mass Communication) covering six semesters each comprising 17 weeks 15 weeks for teaching and 2 weeks for University Examinations. In order to graduate, a student has to successfully complete a total of not less than 360 and not above 370 credits.
The Faculty also offers three Non-Degree Programmes (Diploma and Certificate) covering six semesters each comprising 17 weeks, 15 weeks for teaching and 2 weeks for University Examinations.
Faculty of Arts and Humanities consists of seven departments. The following are the departments of this Faculty.
- Department of Education
- Department of History
- Department of Geography
- Department of Languages and Linguistics
- Department of Languages and Interpretation
- Department of Kiswahili
- Department of Mass Communication
- Bachelor of Arts with Education (BAED)
- Bachelor of Languages and Interpretation (BLI)
- Bachelor of Arts in Mass Communication (BAMC)
- Ordinary Diploma in Primary Education - (ODPE)
- Ordinary Diploma in Journalism - (ODJSM)
- Certificate in Journalism - (CJSM)