This Faculty offers four Degree Programmes, namely: Bachelor of Arts (Education) and Bachelor of Arts (Mass Communication) covering six semesters each comprising 17 weeks 15 weeks for teaching and 2 weeks for University Examinations. In order to graduate, a student has to successfully complete a total of not less than 360 and not above 370 credits.
The Faculty also offers three Non-Degree Programmes (Diploma and Certificate) covering six semesters each comprising 17 weeks, 15 weeks for teaching and 2 weeks for University Examinations.
Faculty of Arts and Humanities consists of seven departments. The following are the departments of this Faculty.
- Department of Education
- Department of History
- Department of Geography
- Department of Languages and Linguistics
- Department of Languages and Interpretation
- Department of Kiswahili
- Department of Mass Communication
- Bachelor of Arts with Education (BAED)
- Bachelor of Arts in Mass Communication (BAMC)
- Ordinary Diploma in Journalism - (ODJSM)
- Certificate in Journalism - (CJSM)